As a part of our international corporate and product expansion we are looking for qualified, talented and energetic people with experience in the technology sector.
Our Data Centres are uniquely linked to our other operations and this together with our expertise in building and operating Data Centres makes our proposition globally competitive. We know that to keep being the best we need to recruit and retain the best people. Our salary structure, opportunity and development are key components of recruiting the best.
Solutions Architect (Pre Sales) – London
We are now recruiting for a Solutions Architect (Pre Sales) at our London office.
The primary purpose of the role is to support all sales activity from a technical perspective, pre-sales for new business and Technical Account Manager for existing clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be able to understand customers’ requirements and translate into a technical design suited to their needs
- RFI / RFP and Bid Proposal preparation and completion
- Assess, investigate and provide conclusion on suitability for all non-standard products and services for sales
- Meet quarterly and annual objectives working in tandem with the Sales organisation and revenue targets
- Existing customer primary technical contact for account management, building relationships and maintaining with regular engagement
- Create, update and propose new marketing and technical documentation material for website, presentations and event activities
- Primary liaison between operational and technical Continent 8 teams and customer peer teams
- Understanding and demonstrating Continent 8 products and services and identifying unique differentiators
- Keep abreast of technical innovations, new products and services which may be of interest to Continent 8 and our customers
- Assist sales team in understanding or presenting and proposing Continent 8 services to customers and opportunities
Technical Skills & Experience
- 3 + years in a comparable pre-sales / technical architect position supporting the sales cycle in Hosting, Networking and/or IT Security solutions
- Demonstrable technical background across a number of disciplines (see below)
- Proven track record of managing and winning technical solution proposals
- MPLS / IP Networking fundamentals and WAN and LAN Architectures
- Co-Location (Rack / Power) awareness
- Hosting Services – NaaS, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, DRaaS
- DDoS Mitigation Platforms and methods
- Cloud Backup Solutions and methods
- Managed / Professional services solution sales awareness
- Hardware Deployment and Solutions (Servers, Network Devices, Storage Devices)
- Software Deployment and Solutions (Operating Systems, Database Software, Web Software, Hypervisor Software)
- Public Internet Service solutions, principles, and architectures (DB / App / Web / IP / DNS / CDN / Peering) Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Self -motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Commercial awareness and communication skills
This role will include frequent travel & participation in networking events; therefore it is essential that the successful candidate will have the flexibility and & adaptability to meet the requirements of this element of the job specification.
Senior Systems Administrator – Dublin
As part of our continued expansion, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Systems Administrator based at our Dublin office.
The main purpose of this role will be to install, manage and maintain Customer IT Systems as well as being a Key Technical lead within the department, providing guidance to colleagues and management. You will therefore be recognized as subject matter expert in two or more of the following:
- Microsoft Enterprise Server, Active Directory and Exchange
- Virtualization, preferable VMWare vSphere
- UNIX (HP-UX, Solaris or AIX) and/or LINUX (Red Hat, Ubantu, CentOS or SUSE)
- SAN & Storage systems, preferably EMC and/or HP
- Cisco UCS
- Cisco and/or Juniper Networking Systems
- Maintain a computing environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades while monitoring ongoing system performance
- Daily maintenance, monitoring and support of the IT Infrastructure
- Research, procure, install, configure and maintain new and existing systems, on an assigned project basis
- Provide support for internal IT systems and customer hosted solutions
- Performing advanced systems operational tasks
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures in line with industry trends
- Co-ordination and liaison with all other IT staff and areas within the company and customer base
- Be part of an on-call rotation for customer support
- Occasional travel to other locations
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar customer IT support role and should have a degree level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent, as well as a proven record of working in a team environment; having demonstrated the ability to work in a collaborative manner between groups on an international basis.
- VMware Certified Professional & VMware Certified Advanced Professional
- Linux Certified e.g. RCSA
- Microsoft Certifications e.g. MCSA\MCSE
- Strong individual initiative & ability to influence at a high level & support customer concerns
- Good organisational skills with ability to multi-task and have attention to detail
- Plans and prioritises work effectively
- Energy and drive to ensure internal and external deadlines are met
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please apply, attaching a copy of your current CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the advertised role, to email@example.com