As a part of our international corporate and product expansion we are looking for qualified, talented and energetic people with experience in the technology sector.
Our Data Centres are uniquely linked to our other operations and this together with our expertise in building and operating Data Centres makes our proposition globally competitive. We know that to keep being the best we need to recruit and retain the best people. Our salary structure, opportunity and development are key components of recruiting the best.
Product Manager – Isle of Man
As part of this development, the company is seeking a Product Manager that will oversee the product and service lifecycle, overseeing from initial qualification through design, sales, delivery, support and operations.
The role, which is predominantly process-focused and technical, requires a high level of accuracy, excellent written skills, excellent insight into data centre services customer requirements, sales messaging and a high degree of technical knowledge sufficient to understand the products, solutions and delivery methods.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage the product lifecycle, from initial qualification, through design, delivery, sales, support and operations.
- To manage centrally all externally-facing product descriptions, product messaging and product collateral content to support the sales and business development organisations.
- To standardise and manage the company’s service description documentation for each product and service and align with 3rd party supplier commitments as required.
- To deliver against the hosting product strategy, steer the direction of the requirements for new products and services, product improvements, etc.
- Develop products by identifying potential products and services; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction.
- Determine customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Monitor ongoing product performance on a regular basis taking corrective action (e.g. pricing review, promotional program, analysis of sales)
- Work with engineering, systems design and support teams to ensure that current and planned products are achievable and delivered to market according to an agreed specification
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume etc
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of all matters and areas relating to the business of the company, i.e. managed hosting and network services,
- Excellent understanding of markets within which the company operates and ability to identify new potential products and services to offer into such markets
- A highly technical background covering the design, specification and implementation of hosted products and services and documentation of same
- Excellent documentation and communication skills with the ability to work with and mediate between teams across the company
- Excellent product management and development skills
- Highly analytical with a track record in understanding and managing product lifecycles
- Degree level or equivalent in a technology field
- Experience of designing product messaging, differentiators, unique selling points and communicating these clearly, consistently and in line with corporate strategy
- Strong marketing and sales skills
- Business case planning and solid financial understanding
- Very strong analytical and decision making abilities
- Very competent in all MS Office applications including MS Visio
This role will be office-based and include only occasional Off-Island travel.
Accounts Payable Assistant – Isle of Man
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join our expanding Finance Department to assist in the maintenance of the multi-currency accounts payable process for the Continent 8 group. With responsibility for ensuring that all invoices are posted correctly, supported by appropriate approvals and paid within relevant credit terms, resolving queries and reconciling supplier accounts. This role also includes assisting in the overall maintenance of the general ledger as required and preparation of underlying information for VAT returns.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Timely collation of all purchase invoices and employee expense claims received via various methods e.g. email, online accounts, post etc.
- Post purchase invoices and employee expense claims into accounting system
- Match purchase invoices to approved purchase orders
- Send purchase invoices out for payment approval from department heads
- Set-up online payments ready for approval
- Audit and process credit card bills, ensuring full back-up is received for all purchases
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of accounting software packages (preferably QuickBooks and/or Sage), proven ability to learn new software packages.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly excel.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, in accordance with accounting principles, regulations and internal procedures.
- Strong numeric, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to multi-task and have attention to detail.
- Plans and prioritises work effectively.
- Proactive approach to issue resolution
- Takes responsibility for own work, to ensure it is accurate, meets quality standards, and performed on a timely basis.
Solutions Architect (Pre Sales) – London
We are now recruiting for a Solutions Architect (Pre Sales) at our London office.
The primary purpose of the role is to support all sales activity from a technical perspective, pre-sales for new business and Technical Account Manager for existing clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be able to understand customers’ requirements and translate into a technical design suited to their needs
- RFI / RFP and Bid Proposal preparation and completion
- Assess, investigate and provide conclusion on suitability for all non-standard products and services for sales
- Meet quarterly and annual objectives working in tandem with the Sales organisation and revenue targets
- Existing customer primary technical contact for account management, building relationships and maintaining with regular engagement
- Create, update and propose new marketing and technical documentation material for website, presentations and event activities
- Primary liaison between operational and technical Continent 8 teams and customer peer teams
- Understanding and demonstrating Continent 8 products and services and identifying unique differentiators
- Keep abreast of technical innovations, new products and services which may be of interest to Continent 8 and our customers
- Assist sales team in understanding or presenting and proposing Continent 8 services to customers and opportunities
Technical Skills & Experience
- 3 + years in a comparable pre-sales / technical architect position supporting the sales cycle in Hosting, Networking and/or IT Security solutions
- Demonstrable technical background across a number of disciplines (see below)
- Proven track record of managing and winning technical solution proposals
- MPLS / IP Networking fundamentals and WAN and LAN Architectures
- Co-Location (Rack / Power) awareness
- Hosting Services – NaaS, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, DRaaS
- DDoS Mitigation Platforms and methods
- Cloud Backup Solutions and methods
- Managed / Professional services solution sales awareness
- Hardware Deployment and Solutions (Servers, Network Devices, Storage Devices)
- Software Deployment and Solutions (Operating Systems, Database Software, Web Software, Hypervisor Software)
- Public Internet Service solutions, principles, and architectures (DB / App / Web / IP / DNS / CDN / Peering) Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Self -motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Commercial awareness and communication skills
This role will include frequent travel & participation in networking events; therefore it is essential that the successful candidate will have the flexibility and & adaptability to meet the requirements of this element of the job specification.
Senior Systems Administrator – Dublin
As part of our continued expansion, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Systems Administrator based at our Dublin office.
The main purpose of this role will be to install, manage and maintain Customer IT Systems as well as being a Key Technical lead within the department, providing guidance to colleagues and management. You will therefore be recognized as subject matter expert in two or more of the following:
- Microsoft Enterprise Server, Active Directory and Exchange
- Virtualization, preferable VMWare vSphere
- UNIX (HP-UX, Solaris or AIX) and/or LINUX (Red Hat, Ubantu, CentOS or SUSE)
- SAN & Storage systems, preferably EMC and/or HP
- Cisco UCS
- Cisco and/or Juniper Networking Systems
- Maintain a computing environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades while monitoring ongoing system performance
- Daily maintenance, monitoring and support of the IT Infrastructure
- Research, procure, install, configure and maintain new and existing systems, on an assigned project basis
- Provide support for internal IT systems and customer hosted solutions
- Performing advanced systems operational tasks
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures in line with industry trends
- Co-ordination and liaison with all other IT staff and areas within the company and customer base
- Be part of an on-call rotation for customer support
- Occasional travel to other locations
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar customer IT support role and should have a degree level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent, as well as a proven record of working in a team environment; having demonstrated the ability to work in a collaborative manner between groups on an international basis.
- VMware Certified Professional & VMware Certified Advanced Professional
- Linux Certified e.g. RCSA
- Microsoft Certifications e.g. MCSA\MCSE
- Strong individual initiative & ability to influence at a high level & support customer concerns
- Good organisational skills with ability to multi-task and have attention to detail
- Plans and prioritises work effectively
- Energy and drive to ensure internal and external deadlines are met
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please apply, attaching a copy of your current CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the advertised role, to firstname.lastname@example.org